Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Usher "The Ladies Only" Tour


Nikon D3, 24-70 AFS ISO 2500

I received a last minute call from a client yesterday afternoon asking if I was available to photograph the Usher concert last night at the Warner Theater in DC and a short Meet n' Greet prior to the show.  I thought about it for a second and said sure, sounds like fun, plus an assignment is an assignment.  A Meet n' Greet consists of fans that have usually won a radio contest, and they have a chance to smile, hug, drool, hug some more, fawn over the performer, and then not want to let go.  I'd say I knocked out each winner's photo with Usher in about 20 seconds, and then NEXXXT.  It worked out well, no problems at all.  The show began shortly after this  (like 90 minutes...).  I was lucky enough to have great access to the venue thanks to TJ, Usher's Tour Manager, Thanks again TJ.  Usher is an amazing performer and dancer, and what a great artist to photograph.

No comments: