Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Marley comes to Washington





Brownie aka "Marley"


I found myself amongst the dogs today, literally....Got an email a few days ago from the gang at Allied Advertising, Sara, Ivory, & Brandi, asking if I was available to shoot a promotional event for the new FOX movie, "Marley & Me" (marleyandmemovie.com).  I thought the title rang a bell, and it did, Marley & Me was a book for kids that had been in my house way back when ours were young.  I checked out the movie's site and saw that it stars Jennifer Anniston & Owen Wilson, and my A list star alarm went off, so I immediately emailed Allied back and said sure, count me in.  Little did I know that the "talent" wasn't coming into town, but "Marley", or at least "Brownie" who plays "Marley" was there on the Ellipse across from The White House to meet with 20 or so adoptable dogs from agencies in the region.  Turns out that the event was to promote Dog Adoption, aiming at President Elect Obama's statement that "the girls have earned that new puppy" for the White House.  Marley/Brownie is a gorgeous Yellow Lab, which hits home, as our own Bella (Yellow Lab/Golden Retriever mix) has a sweet spot in the Snyder home.  Bella is THE smartest dog ever, who rules her turf, and  is being courted by the Miller/Gold Agency 




Bella

1 comment: