Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nationals Opening Day 2010


Hey, where's my beer?




It was a gorgeous day at National Park in DC yesterday for the home opener. That's about all it was since the Nationals lost to the World Champion Phillies 11-1, oh well....President Obama threw out the 1st pitch, in what is a tradition in DC for our President to have that honor.
Opening day always brings back fond memories for me. As a kid, I vividly remember going to every Washington Senator's opening day with my grandfather, and, being able to skip school. Maybe it because I was a kid then, but the home opener has always been a "big deal". Frank "Hondo" Howard, Paul Casanova, Eddie Brinkman & Don Zimmer, are a few of the names that pop up in my head..Baseball was "it" for a kid then, we ate, slept, and woke to baseball. Having a transistor radio hidden under my pillow to listen to the late night games was the norm...Now, my head sees the pillow, and I strike out.

No comments: